With two months gone in 2022, you may be feeling a little guilty about not keeping your New Year's Resolutions. Whether you promised yourself that this would be the year you'd get back in shape, or start saving money for that summer vacation, or finally tackling those home improvement projects, there's no time like the present to get started.
No matter how old your home is, there are probably several projects you've been putting off for another day. Large or small, every home project you accomplish will help improve your mood, your surroundings, and even its value.
There are many things you can do to make your home run more efficiently—saving both energy and money:
- Lighting—replace all your incandescent light bulbs with long-lasting LEDs.
The U.S. Department of Energy reports that LED bulbs use 75% less energy and last 25 times longer than traditional bulbs. Add energy-efficient recessed downlights with LED bulbs for a brightly lit space with lower electric bills.
Add under-cabinet lights that can be directed along countertops for easy
- Ceiling Fans—this reasonably priced project will provide a cool alternative to air conditioning. Set the blades to rotate clockwise in the summer months to circulate air and keep the room cool. Once the winter months arrive, reverse the blades to push heated air back from the ceiling. A light kit with LEDs can be attached to the ceiling fan to illuminate the room.
- Smart Thermostats—with a built-in timer, your new smart thermostat can automatically set the house temperature using predetermined minimum and maximum temperatures. No need to remember to turn it down at night or up when you're heading home from work. Your home will be at the perfect temperature all day long.
- Windows—if you notice excessive condensation, broken seals, warping, drafts or water leaks, it's probably time to replace your windows. Keep your home air-tight and comfortable all year long by installing new Energy-Star rated windows. Replacement windows are available as insert or full-frame installation, Low-E glass coatings, gas-filled products, plus double- and triple-pane styles to help you achieve the maximum energy efficiency. Now is the perfect time to schedule window replacement work as many contractors have open schedules and offer discounts during slower winter months.
New products are available to improve the security in and around your home. Keep your family safe while improving your home's internet capabilities.
- Smart Home Installation—upgrade your home by installing a smart speaker or hub, wireless security camera, WiFi connection, or home theater equipment. Let Puls do a complete installation package to provide peace-of-mind without breaking the bank.
- Smart Doorbells—these are becoming increasingly popular as an inexpensive way to screen visitors as well as protect package deliveries while you're away. Easy installation as a DIY project. Many systems include a Smartphone app for remote monitoring for the ultimate protection.
Repairs and Decorator Improvements
There's no time like the present to tackle those drywall repairs and freshen up interior paint too.
- Drywall Repairs—homes settle over time and drywall screws and nails often loosen and pop out causing unsightly bumps and blisters. A handyman can take care of these along with nail holes, cracks, normal wear, and other drywall damage and provide a smooth surface for repainting.
- New Drywall Installation—bathrooms typically are exposed to high moisture with hot showers creating steam that can damage drywall and potential mold and mildew growth. Finished basements have a similar issue and require the installation of water-resistant drywall. Keep your family safe from mold spores and your home from unsightly water damaged walls by installing a "green board." This specially designed product is designed to withstand high moisture and humidity. Hire a professional contractor with an understanding of what is needed for long-term protection.
- Painting—whether you're freshening up a room or changing the entire color scheme, painting is the easiest way to do this. There is some skill required to achieve the best final results. Let a professional handyman bring the proper tools and equipment needed to provide clean lines, a smooth finish, without messy spills or damage.
Appliance Health Check
There's never a good time for a major appliance to break down, so doing a health check to assess the state of your equipment will save on problems later. Take inventory of your kitchen and laundry room appliances. You might be surprised at how long ago you purchased them. Take care of regular maintenance issues—noisy, leaky, or features that don't work properly. Bring in an appliance technician to evaluate and repair any problems. If you're ready for new appliances, consider buying smart-enabled and high-efficient units that will save you time and money. You may find more savings by bundling your equipment purchases.
Let Puls Help You Keep Your New Year's Home Resolutions
You've got projects to do and we've got the pros that can help. Contact Puls to schedule a skilled handyman to complete those projects you've been putting off. All staff members are fully vetted for your protection and have the experience needed to provide fast, professional service. We can handle everything from drywall repairs to painting, changing out incandescent light bulbs to installing new light fixtures, and a variety of other upgrades.
Puls offers convenient online appointment scheduling. All scheduling is done with your convenience in mind. You decide the best time for the work to be done and we'll be on our way—even the same day, if needed. Our peace-of-mind warranty guarantees our work will meet your expectations. Puls' handyman services are available in 2- or 3- hour packages to help you stay within budget, save time, and get all those projects done at once.
No need to procrastinate any longer, schedule an appointment today, and start checking off those resolutions one-by-one.